By providing personal information you are deemed to consent to your personal information being shared outside Gateway in the following circumstances:
- where Gateway needs to share your information to provide the service you have requested.
- where Gateway needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of Gateway to provide a service to you. We will only provide the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- where Gateway wants to keep you up to date on the latest service announcements, updates or other Gateway information
- where you have given us permission to share your information with third parties
- Gateway will also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our website.
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Our Site is not designed or intended for use by children under 13. If you are under 18, you should use the Site and Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Children under 13 may not submit any personally identifiable information to us, and if we discover that we have inadvertently gathered any such information from a child under 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has provided personally identifiable information to us, please inform us by contacting us at email@example.com and we will remove such information from our database. If you are concerned about your children’s use of the Site, you may use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site. Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting kids’ privacy online.
HERE’S THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our Services, and allows our users to apply for various services described on the Site. We collect the following types of information (“Personal Information”) from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We collect and store various types of information on our servers only when you optionally choose to provide it to us by filling out a form or taking some other explicit action. You can choose not to provide us with any of the information requested.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
In order to understand how our Sites and Services are being used and to make them better, we also automatically receive, store, and log certain types of technical information whenever you interact with our Sites. Information of this sort includes:
- Technical Information About Your Browser And Mobile Device: This information is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
- Usage Information, Such As The Pages You Request, Searches You Conduct, Emails You Open And The Features You Interact With: This information is used in the aggregate to generate statistics about how the Service is being used and is never shared in any form that would identify you personally.
- IP Address, Tokens, Cookies, And Device Identifiers:
These are alphanumeric identifiers that help us to distinguish between unique browsers and devices in order to avoid showing you the same information twice, keep you logged into our Site and improve your experience. For example, we may receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the browser software you use, and your operating system and if applicable, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Site may not work properly in that case.
HERE’S HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
In addition to the specific uses discussed above, information you submit to us may be used in the following ways:
- to respond to requests that you make or to aid us in serving you better;
- to fix technical problems;
- to provide administrative services;
- to monitor traffic, the number of visitors, and the effectiveness of Services;
- to provide you with updates, offers, and announcements about products, new products, services, features, promotions, enhancements, improvements or updates;
- to market our products and/or services to you, including sending you information, newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and communications regarding new, improved or existing products, contests and/or sweepstakes;
- to provide, administer, and facilitate your use of the Site and Service;
- to resolve Site problems; handle or respond to customer support questions and issues;
- to process or fulfill your request(s) and/or order(s) for products, services, information or features;
- to monitor the technical functioning of the Site, Service, and network;
- to develop new and/or improved products, services or offerings;
- to create, review, analyze and share aggregate information;
- to identify, research, and protect against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of any of the Site or Service, including but not limited to researching any claims made by or about others users and/or about the Site and/or Service, and such efforts of which may include information provided from third-party sources;
- to analyze trends and user traffic;
- to resolve disputes;
- to trouble-shoot errors or issues with the Site and/or Service;
- as we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Site and Service.
We may provide these services ourselves or share the information with partners who will provide the services for us. We may use aggregated user data to market the Service or the Site to others.
HERE’S HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any persons or entities outside of our company, nor lease, license, rent, transfer, disclose, disseminate or otherwise grant access to such information unless:
- You have been given an opportunity to “opt-in” and have agreed to opt-in to such disclosure of your information;
- We must share your information in order to provide a product or service that you have requested, in which case we will require that any third person or entity, such as a registered agent, we use to fulfill your request agrees that it does not have the right to use your information other than to fulfill your order request;
- When we believe in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your Personal Information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction;
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so;
- We receive a request in connection with or relevant to a judicial, governmental or legal inquiry, investigation, order, or proceeding;
- We are required to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other requirement of law, which requires disclosure of your information;
- It is reasonably necessary to enforce this Policy, or any other legal agreements;
- It is required to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule/regulation), and/or security or technical issues; or
- It is required or reasonably necessary to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, employees, any minors, members of the public and/or our Sites and Services.
We may also disclose information about you to our auditors or legal advisors in conjunction with accessing our disclosure obligations and/or rights under this Policy.
HERE’S HOW WE DISCLOSE AGGREGATE INFORMATION:
We may combine your Personal Information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our applicants who view certain pages or reside in a particular geographic region or track application rates. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users’ information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Site. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of Personal Information, to other companies with whom we conduct business.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM US: Opt-Out
You can opt out of any automated notifications or communications sent via the Service by following the instructions included with each email or by contacting us with an unsubscribe request at: firstname.lastname@example.org; however our employees, contractors or agents may still need to contact you personally as described in the examples above.
If we have provided any third party with your Personal Information (with your permission) and you subsequently opt-out, you will have to contact the third-party directly with your opt-out request(s).
A NOTE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” as the subject line and in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
HERE’S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE CHANGE THIS POLICY:
By submitting your application, you grant to Gateway a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free perpetual license to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute in any existing or future media, reproduce, store and publish in relation to its business and any successor business, any information submitted unless such information is expressly marked CONFIDENTIAL.
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
330 2nd Street
Oakland, CA 94607